Douglas County Planning CommissionerAs a two term Douglas County Planning Commissioner, Abe has comprehensively reviewed all land use applications; heard public, staff, and expert testimony; and voted on the record for the community, including:
- Reviewing and voting against 250-unit development proposed for a rural community
- Reviewing and voting against 400-unit development that lacked water and adequate roads
- Reviewing and voting against a 75-unit development next to the highway with sound walls as a barrier to traffic and noise
- Reviewing and voting for an equestrian ranch that would provide therapeutic riding to veterans and the disabled community
- Reviewing and voting to open Rueter-Hess Reservoir to Douglas County citizens for recreational uses such as hiking, biking, paddle boarding, and canoeing
- Reviewing and approving the preliminary plan of a responsible developer who’d dedicated open space, created reasonable setbacks, and had several ongoing and productive meetings with neighbors and adjacent landowners on the proposed project
- Plus Abe reviews and votes on the record for issues such as the Transportation Master Plan, Comprehensive Master Plan, land use applications, residential and business developments, zoning issues, Douglas County Land Use Intergovernmental Agreements, and more
Republican Party Treasurer and First Vice Chairman
- Performed all accounting and state reporting of expenses and donations through TRACER down to the penny
- Built new website from the ground up at no cost to the party
- Created new event, “Douglas Under the Dome” and secured a 200% increase in giving to the party
- Attended and helped lead all executive committee meeting, planning meetings, parades, fundraisers, and key events.
Non-profit Officer and Board Member
- Reviewed, revised, and oversaw budget and finance matters
- Helped raise over 1,000,000 dollars annually for underprivileged Colorado children
- Provided key organizational leadership to resolve and overcome challenges while setting the course for success through solutions-oriented innovation and communication.
15-year Land Use Attorney
Abe has represented clients in complex, multi-million dollar commercial and residential real estate matters including development, entitlements, leasing, condemnation, foreclosure, and conveyancing of homes, office buildings, retail centers, industrial properties, hotels, restaurants, apartment complexes, condominiums, and vacant land. Abe also works closely with home owners associations and special districts in the operation and management of Colorado communities.
In addition to his land use practice, Abe has also advised businesses and nonprofit organizations with regard to mergers and acquisitions, contracts, energy matters, and entity formation; handled litigation and alternative dispute resolution through mediation and arbitration; and counseled individuals and families with their estate planning and estate administration needs.